Sunday, January 02, 2005

Vidhya - Putting the Family Building Kits together

Hi friends

Thanks to god rice is available at a village near Pondicherry at the rate of Rs 11/kg I have asked the dealer to keep aside the stock. The bags to pack the rice has to be sourced from here, my boys are working on it I will have the rate of the bags (with our Club's name and the Rotary hologram printed)by 1 or 2pm this afternoon. If the bags reach me by tuesday evening I
shall send them across to my mother in law's place in pondicherry and have them packed. We will save considerably on freight charges. We need to meet again and discuss on the things happening. As I had mentioned, the relief materials are not being allowed to reach the people directly so if we delay further I am afraid our purpose will not be served.

Bye
Vidhya

Hi friends

After I left Karthick's place I've got a few details regarding the rice we
plan to distribute. There is a person in Kancheepuram who is willing to
procure rice @9.80to 10.00/kg but the packing has to be done by us. I've
located a dealer in Kasi chetty st who deals with cloth bags but the
printing of the Club's name has to be done by us. If this can be done then I
can have the rice sent to Acharpaakkam near Melmaruvathur and have the bags
packed. We save on the freight charges from chennai to Acharapakkam.
Kancheepuram is closer to this place than Chennai.

The second option is- a dealer in Chennai is prepared to sell to us the rice
@12/kg+Rs 5/bag and we collect 1500 bags(10 kgs/bag). here in Chennai. He
will be able to suply 1500 bags only, by thursday

He needs more time for the other 2000 bags.

The third option is I will have all the details on monday from another
source and I will see that we are able to stick to our schedule and leave
on friday as descided with the relief materials.

Parthi I checked out the price of the plastic bags I will give you the
details tomorrow Regarding the utensils I have contacted one Mr Samraj of
Ananda metal corporation he is ready to suply the necessary ones after
confirming the details from us on monday his mobile no is944455301. There is another manufacturer of these aluminium vessels who is a relative of a person who works for us who can arrange for them in two working days time. So I think we will be able to go on as scheduled
Karthick it would be difficult to reach to the affected people directly I think 'cos my cousin in Pondy said since relief materials were comming in from all over the D R O asks that the materials be handed to him and the distribution would be done by his people. The first two days my cousin could go over to the people but now they are finding it difficult. When they handed over medicines to the people's representative the medicines were taken away from them the next day by the centre so the affected people themselves told my cousin's men not to give any thing in front of them. I asked Dhandapani if he could arrange somebody from the police to help us out in Cuddalore and Nagapatinam so that matter is being looked into. Lets pray that every thing goes on as planned

Bye Vidya

No comments: